Flags of Our Foul-Ups
Flags of Our Foul-Ups is a side quest in Fallout: New Vegas.
Side Quest: Flags of Our Foul-Ups Talk to Sgt. McCredie. Talk to O’Hanrahan and follow his 60stoday.com to Mags and follow her 60stoday.com to Poindexter and follow his 60stoday.com to Razz and follow his advice. Talk to Mags, Poindexter and Razz and convince them to work together with speech checks for 60stoday.com the squad to the firing range and teach them, successful on a guns and explosive 60stoday.com to the two computer terminals and alter the squad’s records, the second terminal requiring a science 60stoday.com to Red Rock Canyon and talk to Jack, then bring the psycho package back to Razz. Reward: Varying XP depending on actionsNCR fame
You are watching: new vegas camp golf
Start the quest by talking to Sgt. McCredie.
Follow O’Hanrahan’s advice
Talk to O’Hanrahan about talking to the whole troop about improving teamwork and strengthening their relationships. The Courier will need to pass a Speech check of 40 to convince Poindexter, Mags and Razz. The Courier will gain experience for each party member that is convinced.
The Courier will receive 40 XP for each of the members convinced and then 200 XP once complete (Total XP = 320) and positive fame with the NCR. Additionally, the team looks to be working well together.
Follow Mags’ advice
Use Mags’ advice and teach the squad. The player character will need a Guns skill of 45 and an Explosives skill of 45 to get the squad to pass the firing and grenade range. The player character will need to pass a Guns check of 25, 35 and 45 respectively for this choice. The player character will also need to pass an Explosives check of 25, 35 and 45 respectively.
The player character will receive 200 XP and additional (31+43+55)*2=258 XP (with 10% gain) while teaching the squad and positive fame with the NCR. Additionally, the team looks to be working well together.
Follow Poindexter’s advice
Suggest to Poindexter that the system could be cheated. He’ll give the advice to hack the terminal in the House Lodge so that the squad doesn’t have to do any work.
There are two hackable computers. The one in the lobby requires no Science skill, but it must be accessed when nobody is looking. The other one needs a Science skill of 75 but can be accessed at any time.
NCR infamy will be increased and Karma will be lost when the player character alters the records, but upon completion of the quest, 200 XP and positive fame with NCR will be received.
Follow Razz’s advice
Listen to Razz, who will have the squad take Psycho. The player character must talk to Jack in Red Rock Canyon to get a suspicious package.
Completing this quest gives 200 XP and positive fame with the NCR. Providing the misfits with drugs has no effect on Karma.
- The new dialogue options are buried in conversation paths that the player character has already taken. Some dialogue will have to be repeated with Poindexter, Mags and Razz in order to obtain the new Speech options.
- The Speech check is after the player character asks them about their squadmates, which is always the second line in the dialogue choice box.
- Once the player character starts a quest arc, another cannot be picked up; e.g. if the player character starts with Mags and does not have the skill, it is not possible to pick up the quest arc with Poindexter until the first quest arc is completed.
- If the player character chooses to train the troops’ skill with weapons, they cannot do so if the squad’s rifles have been removed from their inventories. If this happens, the troops will immediately go to using grenades and the quest won’t be able to be completed.
- The player character can follow part of O’Hanrahan’s advice, gaining experience for talking to each squadmate (40×3), then instead of returning to O’Hanrahan to finish the quest, go and complete Mags’ training the squad at the firing range.
- After the quest is completed, Mr. New Vegas may be heard talking on the radio about how a “young band of soldiers shattered NCR records on a combat readiness assessment at Camp Golf.” This could be none other than the Misfits finally working together.
- When the Courier begins to train the squad in grenades, Mags says that they have the dummy grenades ready, they appear to throw live grenades, but a check of their inventory shows they are coded to only do 1 damage.
- On fast-traveling to Camp Golf, a lakelurk may spawn near or at the firing range. This can lead to Misfits squad members being killed, which results in quest failure.
- If the player character travels to Camp Golf from the southwest, the Misfits can come under attack by Legionary assassins and be killed.
Behind the scenes
- The title of this quest is a reference to the 2000 book, Flags of Our Fathers.
The following is based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.
- There is an unused objective in this quest that would have involved taking the Misfits off of an assigned combat patrol, described as a “suicide mission.” The player character would have deleted mission orders from the Camp Golf mission parameters terminal, which was also cut.
End of information based on Fallout: New Vegas cut content.
Act 1Ain’t That a Kick in the Head · Back in the Saddle · By a Campfire on the Trail · They Went That-a-Way · Ring-a-Ding-Ding!Act 2Wild Card (Wild Card: Ace in the Hole, Change in Management, You and What Army?, Side Bets, Finishing Touches) · The House Always Wins (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII) · Render Unto Caesar · Et Tumor, Brute? · Things That Go Boom · Kings’ Gambit · For the Republic, Part 2 · You’ll Know It When It Happens/Arizona KillerAct 3No Gods, No Masters · All or Nothing · Veni, Vidi, Vici · Eureka!New California RepublicAnywhere I Wander · Back in Your Own Backyard · Bitter Springs Infirmary Blues · Boulder City Showdown · Can You Find it in Your Heart? · Climb Ev’ry Mountain · Don’t Tread on the Bear! · Emergency Radio · Eye for an Eye · Flags of Our Foul-Ups · Hard Luck Blues · I Don’t Hurt Anymore · I Put a Spell on You · Keep Your Eyes on the Prize · Medical Mystery · No, Not Much · Pressing Matters · Restoring Hope · Return to Sender · That Lucky Old Sun · The White Wash · There Stands the Grass · Three-Card Bounty · We Will All Go Together · You Can Depend on MeCaesar’s LegionBeware the Wrath of Caesar! · Caesar’s Favor · Caesar’s Foe · Caesar’s Hire · Cold, Cold Heart · I Hear You Knocking · The Finger of Suspicion · We Are LegionThe StripBeyond the Beef · Bye Bye Love · Classic Inspiration · How Little We Know · Pheeble Will · Talent Pool · The House Has Gone Bust! · The Moon Comes Over the TowerFreeside & Outer VegasBirds of a Feather · Bleed Me Dry · Debt Collector · G.I. Blues · High Times · Someone to Watch Over Me · The Coyotes · Wang Dang Atomic TangoBoomersAnt Misbehavin’ · Sunshine Boogie · Volare! · Young HeartsGreat KhansAba Daba Honeymoon · Cry Me a River · Don’t Make a Beggar of Me · Oh My PapaPowder GangBooted · I Fought the Law · Run Goodsprings Run · Why Can’t We Be Friends?Brotherhood of SteelEyesight to the Blind · Still in the Dark · Tend to Your BusinessOtherCome Fly With Me · Crazy, Crazy, Crazy · Ghost Town Gunfight · Guess Who I Saw Today · Left My Heart · My Kind of Town · The Legend of the Star and A Valuable Lesson · Unfriendly Persuasion · Wheel of FortuneCompanion questsED-E My Love · For Auld Lang Syne · Heartache by the Number · I Could Make You Care · I Forgot to Remember to Forget · Nothin’ But a Hound Dog · One for My BabyUnmarked questsA Bit of Slap and Tickle · A Final Plan for Esteban · Access Powers · All Fired Up! · An Ear to the Ground · Andy and Charlie · Arachnophobia · Arizona Scavenger · Barton the Fink · Bear Necessities · Big Winner (Atomic Wrangler, The Gomorrah, The Tops, Ultra-Luxe, Vikki & Vance) · Bounty Killer (I, II) · Brotherhood Bond (I, II) · Caching in at the Cove · Cajoling a Cudgel · Claws Mended · Claws Out · Dealing with Contreras · Defacing the Humble Stone · Democracy Inaction · Don’t Poke at the Bear! · Eddie’s Emissary · Exhumin’ Nature · Fight Night · Flogging a Dead Corpse · Friend of the Followers · Gland for Some Home Cooking · Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger · Hat’s Entertainment · Help for Halford · Hidden Valley computer virus · Highway to the Danger Zone (I, II) · Honorary Rocketeer · I Love Bananas · Iron and Stealing · Keith’s Caravan Charade · Laurifer Gladiator · Lenk’s Bad Debts · Lily and Leo · Long-Term Care · Malleable Mini Boomer Minds · Maud’s Muggers · Meeting an Equal · Missing a Few Missiles · Most Wanted · Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans · Old School Ghoul · A Pair of Dead Desperados (I, II) · Papers, Please · Pistol Packing · Playing on the Old Joana · Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup · Powder to the People · Power to the People · Razzle Dazzle! · Reach for the Sky, Mister! · Rest and Resupply · Ringo’s Caravan Rules · Rotface’s Loose Lips · Saving (or Savaging) Sergeant Teddy · The Screams of Brahmin · Silus Treatment · Short-Term Treatment · Smooth-Talking Criminal · The Star Showdown · Strategic Nuclear Moose · Straus Calls · Strip Search · Suits You, Sarah · Tags of Our Fallen · A Team of Moronic Mercenaries · Thought for the Day · Tourist Traipse · Trudy’s Radio Repair · A Trusted Aide · Useless Baubles or Fancy Trinkets? · We Must Stop Beating Like This · We Must Stop Meeting Like This · Wind-Brahmin Wrangler · You Gotta Break Out a Few Eggs · You Make Me Feel Like a WomanDead MoneySierra Madre Grand Opening! · Find Collars (8: “Dog”, 12: Christine, 14: Dean Domino) · Fires in the Sky · Strike Up the Band · Mixed Signals · Trigger the Gala Event · Put the Beast Down · Last Luxuries · Curtain Call at the Tampico · Heist of the Centuries · Big Winner, Sierra MadreHonest HeartsA Family Affair · Arrival at Zion · Bighorners of the Eastern Virgin · Chaos in Zion · Civilized Man’s Burden · Crush the White Legs · Deliverer of Sorrows · Departing Paradise · Flight from Zion · Gathering Storms · Gone Fishin’ · Happy Trails Expedition · Prisoners of War · Retake the Bridge · River Monsters · Rite of Passage · Roadside Attraction · Sanctity of the Dead · The Advance Scouts · The Treacherous Road · The Grand Staircase · Tourist TrapOld World BluesAll My Friends Have Off Switches · A Brain’s Best Friend · Coming Out of Her Shell · Field Research · He Came… And Went · Influencing People · Midnight Science Fiction Feature! · Old World Blues · On the Same Wavelength · Picking Your Brains · Project X-13 · Sonic Emitter Upgrade · Welcome to the Big Empty · What’s in a Name? · When Visitors Attack! · X-2: Strange Transmissions! · X-8 Data Retrieval Test · X-8: High School Horror! · X-13: Attack of the Infiltrator!Lonesome RoadThe Reunion · The Silo · The Job · The Launch · The Tunnelers · The Divide · The Courier · The End · The Apocalypse CharactersDoc Sawbones · Chief Hanlon · Sergeant McCredie · Mags · O’Hanrahan · Poindexter · RazzLocationsCamp Golf mess tent · Camp Golf tent · House Resort · Misfits’ tentQuestsSideFlags of Our Foul-Ups · No, Not Much · Return to Sender